Applicants are now encouraged to apply for the Black Wellness Innovation Fund that supports innovative, Black-led wellness work in Black communities.
BEAM is calling on national organizations to join them in building out this Fund to further support the collective wellness of Black communities.
Despite the growing awareness of Black mental health and distress in the United States, no national fund exists to support innovative, Black led wellness and mental health resources. The Black Wellness Innovation Fund aims to fill this monumental gap.
- They are distributing three awards of $10,000 to Black-led peer support and community health projects that center Black folks living in distress or living with mental health conditions.
What is this funding for?
- General operating support for:
- Peer support groups
- Healing circles
- Social support spaces
- Wellness projects focused on Black folks
- Black disability justice collectives
- Individuals or small non-profits convening Black folks for wellness circles regularly
- Therapists or skilled wellness facilitators seeking funds to sustain groups that support Black folks
For more information, visit BEAM.